The Superior 4 takes an already lightweight, fast trail shoe and makes it even lighter. The upper has been completely redesigned in a wrap-around style for added security and support; the midsole features Altra's proprietary Quantic foam, while the outsole is now made of our sticky MaxTrac rubber. To top it off, the rounded heel and improved lug pattern is made to fly down the trail with ease and speed.
- Insole: 5 mm Contour Footbed
- FootShapeTM Toe Box with Fully Cushioned Zero Drop PlatformTM
- Stack Height: 21 mm
- Midsole: Altra QuanticTM
- Outsole: MaxTracTM Rubber with TrailClawTM
- Upper: Seamless wrap-around engineered knit
- Insole: 6 mm Contour Footbed with removable StoneGuard
- FootShape Toe Box with Fully Cushioned Zero Drop Platform
- Stack Height 21mm
- Midsole: Quantic with InnerFlex
- Outsole: MaxTrac with TrailClaw
- Upper: Wrap-Around Knit
FOOTSHAPE TOE BOX
Allows your toes to relax and spread out naturally for more comfort and stability in uphill climbs and downhill descents.
ZERO DROP PLATFORM
Places your heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground to encourage proper, low-impact form throughout your trail run.
Hook-and-loop tab allows strapless gaiter attachment that prevents debris from building up beneath the shoe.
Canted lugs positioned strategically beneath the metatarsals to provide traction at toe off.